Athens Convention Bureau
Green your meetings
- Use paperless technology: Use new media and electronic technology to cut down your paper use. Create conference web site and offer electronic registration and confirmation. Advertise using the web and / or e-mail. Where necessary use post-consumer recycled paper and print on both sides.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Reduce giveaways and paper to delegates. Reuse items like conference bags or gifts by designing them to encourage reuse. Also consider this approach with signs by having removable/velcro items that can be changed out for different events. Recycle: Ensure that materials such as paper, plastic, metals and glass are recyclable, and make sure they are recycled.
- Bulk up: Have the food and beverage supplier provide condiments in bulk wherever possible, and avoid disposable or individual packaging in favor of items that can be poured from jugs.
- Serve tap water: Athens has excellent water quality.
- Eat green: Famous Greek cuisine ensures the use of local organics on the menu.
- Walk / Public transit: Encourage delegates to walk to and from meeting session. Alternatively, delegates can use the Athens eco-friendly transportation means, i.e. metro, hybrid bases, trolley, tram.
- Save energy: Turn off lights, air-condition and equipment when not in use.